Social Media Management - Connect Your Business to Social Networking
"People are talking about your business through social media, and if you’re not monitoring or engaging your customer community, you could be losing business."
You could be losing business through missed opportunities for interaction as well as through negative or inappropriate reviews left by competitors or the occasional disgruntled customer. We can help you monitor and maintain your company's presence in the social networking sites that are important to your business.
Did you know that there are over 200+ major social networks, each with their own identifiable niches and community? There are also hundreds and hundreds of review websites that may contain unwanted or unfair reviews of your company. If you're a Doctor, maybe you've seen yourself listed at Vitals.com but have never claimed your presence there. Are you a realtor? You might have ratings on Angie's List and Zillow.com that you've never seen, among dozens of other real estate review sites! Do you own a restaurant? Your location is probably already on Foursquare, unclaimed and unmonitored.
Social media makes it easy for individuals to find information about your business, so make sure it's the right information! We can help you build a strategy that involves the social networks that are most important to you - not just the major ones! Each campaign is a custom strategy, and we can tailor the networks we use to meet your goals and budget.
Need another reason to embrace social media? We can think of more than a few...
- 38,000,000 people in the US, ages 13 – 80 said their purchasing decisions are influenced by social media (Source: Knowledge Networks)
- One million+ people view tweets relating to customer service every week, 80% of which are critical or negative towards a business (Source: TOA Technologies)
- 132.5 million people in the US will use Facebook this year. This number will increase to 152.1 million by 2013 (Source: eMarketer)
- 59% of Internet users use at least one social networking service, compared to 34 percent who did in 2008 (Source: Pew Internet)
- 176,000,000 Internet users in the United States watched online video in May 2011, averageing 15.9 hours per viewer(Source: comScore)
- Cell phone users used their mobile apps an average of 81 minutes per day, as well as 74 minutes on the web in June 2011 (Source: Flurry)
- 750,000,000 active users each month for social networking behemoth Facebook, an increase from 500 million monthly users last year (Source: TechCrunch)